Thursday, May 22, 2008

"Leisure and Hardships" Series Barrels Along

June 27th is looming ever nearer and I've begun to paint like a madwoman, which is dangerous on several levels...

But I've made progress on "An Unkindness of Ravens", which, as you will recall, is a fictional narrative about a group of mysterious women who lure ships to their rocky shores to strand them and strip them of valuables. I have yet to paint the group of women already at the ship with baskets and barrels, and there's places on the ship to be touched up. but it's SO CLOSE!!




And this is one I started a few weeks ago, about a time of hunger and despair and giant insects. It doesn't have a titled yet, although typing "A Time of Hunger and Despair and Giant Insects" just made me giggle. Perhaps it's as easy as that. This is oil on masonite, 18 x 24".


Yum, yum, eat 'em up!

4 comments:

Beth Leintz said...

And such a PRETTY insect!

You just crack me up!

amy abshier reyes said...

I guess it is KINDA pretty!
Hee hee hee...

Kelly Snelling said...

i can't begin to tell you how much i adore your work. these new pieces are excellent. big bugs are so unexpected yet so appreciated! yes! yes!

sarahblank said...

WOWOWOW! I love them! I have been catching up on your blog and everything looks fantastic!