Friday, May 30, 2008

Poor Little Robin...

I was in the living room the other day and heard this huge "WHOMP!" I thought someone had thrown something large into the windowpane, but when I looked out, I saw this young robin sitting dazed on the porch floor. The poor little thing was blinking verrrry slowly as it quietly stood there--I was hoping it was okay and that the neighbor's cat wasn't out.

After five or ten minutes, it hopped slowly to the railing and sat there for a few more minutes before finally taking off.
I'm glad it wasn't seriously hurt--it hit that window so hard...




Um, that sand all over the porch is from my daughter's sandbox. And I obviously have some planting to do.

2 comments:

shaggykorean said...

you were guardian angel for the day :)

amy abshier reyes said...

I think that's the first time anyone's referred to me as an angel!