Saturday, May 10, 2008

Sketches, Drawings, and ACEO's

Here's a few things I've done over the last couple of weeks:


"Spring Song" Pen and ink on paper, 4 x 6 inches.


"Loretta in Gloves and Stripes", pen and ink on paper, 4 x 6 inches.




Sketchbook pages! (And messy palette)




"The Little Ghost Went A-Maying", ink and watercolor on paper, 4 x 6 inches.

"The Grim Little Siren", in and watercolor aceo, 2.5 x 3.5 inches.




"Loretta is Shy at the Party", pen and ink on paper, 4 x 6 inches.




There's still all the big paintings and commissions that I'm steadily chipping away at, but no great photos of those to share. Yet.

I feel like the time is getting away from me--I have SO MUCH I need to complete, but I've been having to work extra hours at my "job" job, and Ricky's working so much overtime, that the painting time just isn't there. It's incredibly frustrating--there's a million projects I want to start and a million more that need to be completed.

Maybe that can be my Mother's Day request--lemme freaking PAINT!! And give me some CHOCOLATE!!

Please?

4 comments:

nuvonova said...

Wow! Beautiful pieces!

Your sketchbook pages are always so fascinating, I especially love the doe-eyed flapper girl on the right!

- formerly decadentdiamond (the name was way too long for what I wanted to do with it!)

amy abshier reyes said...

Thank you! I haven't been drawing as much as I should, but I'm making an effort to post sketchbook pics. I'm glad you like them!

Rachel said...

I know the feeling, Amy. And all your stuff looks wonderful! ...as always!

amy abshier reyes said...

Thank you! And I got my chocolate, so that does a lot to soothe my ruffled feathers.