Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Just Keep Swimming, Just Keep Swimming...

So much is going on in my life right now.  This past month has been a complete nightmare of upheaval, drama, stress, and worry.  I'd like to think it's coming to a close, though.  There's so many things that I'm feeling I can't possibly identify them all, but I can tell you that the majority of them suck.  So keep your fingers crossed for a proper Hollywood happy ending.  Please.


I have been working in fits and starts, sometimes it helps soothe my brain a little.  Here's some things that are going on in my studio right now:


Just finished this eye portrait and sent it off to its new home.
"Keaton" oil on board, 2x2 inches.


 And this commissioned piece is finally finished!
No title yet, oil on masonite, 18x24 inches.



 Started this mermaid last week, so she's still really rough.  All that dark pink is just the underpainting.  She'll eventually have silvery greeny tones.  The background is marshy Matagorda and Gulf Coast skies, like she's crawling up out of East Bay or something.  It has a long way to go.  Oil on canvas, 24x36 inches.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Keeping you in my prayers sweetie! There's alot of suffering going on lately with so many of my friends. Your artwork is looking great and I hope that it is soothing your soul and mind in the process.

Heather said...

Sounds like you've had a rough few months! I hope things calm down for you soon! These paintings are great, you have such an amazing eye for detail.

Amy Abshier-Reyes said...

Thanks guys. It HAS been rough, and I can't tell you how much I appreciate your kind thoughts.

Ned said...

Sorry about all the stress. I've had my share lately too. I fight too many battles, and I need to pick them more carefully. I still want one of these eye paintings, and I don't know if you'd trade one for a wolf drawing, but after I show them in February, here in EC, I'd be willing to negotiate. Of course, if you really just need money more than art (highly likely) let me know what you sell them for.

Amy Abshier-Reyes said...

Hey Ned, thanks. I feel like my foundations have just crumbled and it scares me that I can't trust in the things I used to. It's a horrible feeling. I'd love to trade an eye painting but you're right, I really need the money more. I charge $75 for custom ones, but email me when you're ready and we'll talk. Good luck with your own battles; fight the good fight!