Saturday, October 6, 2012

New Oil Paintings on Etsy

 Here's a couple of new oil paintings that I put in my Etsy shop yesterday.  Just fooling around with stuff while I was working on these.  The first is rough and sketchy, but seems to be all the things I want it to be, so I left it alone.  Leaving a piece raw like this has always been difficult for me; I struggle against overworking a piece to death.  I think I'm getting better at it though.


"Cora Elaine"
oil on illustration board, 4x6 inches


"Getting Lost"
oil on canvas, 3.5 x 2.5 inches

This second painting is another example of stopping before I felt ready to quit, but in this case I should have kept painting, I think.  It's stupid to list a painting for sale when you aren't satisfied with it, but I'm done and she needs to find a new home.  So there.

Oh!  I also put a bunch of older paintings on sale in my shop, and you should totally check those out:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheBrilliantMagpie?section_id=10273884

No comments: