Sunday, March 17, 2013

Etsy Shop Update!


 It's been a couple of months since I added fresh new work to my Etsy shop, so this Friday, March 22nd at 2pm central, these little ladies will be up for grabs:  11 just-completed original watercolor ACEOs, plus 2 5x7 watercolor paintings. And maybe a few other things...
 



I've also been trying to paint more up in the studio.  We're selling our house and it's hard keeping up a working studio when I have to keep the words "decluttered, clean, and pretty, pretty, pretty" (that's our realtor's words--she's awesome) in mind for would-be buyers.

Here's a peek at some eye paintings I've been working on.  Two of these have been in progress for a while, but are 99% done, one is a commissioned portrait, and the other four I started yesterday.  I am totally digging the milky, creepy ones.  They're like mermaid eyes or something.  Not blind, just eerie.  And now I'm heading upstairs to paint some more!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please continue updating your blog- it's been over three years since I first discovered it and it's always such a nice surprise when I see a new post from you. I love seeing your art and your characters and the process of it all.

Amy Abshier-Reyes said...

Thank you so much for the kind comment--sometimes I need a little bit of a reminder that I even have a blog. I'm so embarrassingly flaky sometimes. Either that, or I have entirely too much going on. In either case, thank you again. I've started painting again this week and I'll hopefully be posting photos soon.

Shelley Whiting said...

Your women are very sophisticated and classy. Lovely and charming work.